Whether you are working for yourself or a company but having a personal or virtual assistant is always helpful. hiring virtual assistant can be a money guzzler, but they are capable of delivering help that not even a colleague might be able to. There are so many personal assistant apps available on app stores for download free of cost for electronic devices like mobile, tabs that you have the option to download the one you feel will be most helpful. Many mobile phones comes with pre-installed with such apps, such as Siri (Apple I phone & I pad), Cortana, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa . Below we have some of the best personal assistant apps that will make the strongest impact in 2020.
- Siri: Who is using Apple’s Device they already knew about it. It is one of the most popular AI apps now a days. This AI-powered app is available on all major Apple platforms such as iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. Siri functions through voice queries and a natural language user interface and is capable of making calls, sending messages, answering questions, offering recommendations and many more. It also delegates requests to several internet services besides adapting to users’ languages, searches, preferences and etc. But Siri available only on Apple platforms, putting Windows and Android users at a clear disadvantage.
- Cortana: Another widely used most intelligent personal assistant apps is Cortana, Cortana is developed by Microsoft. Cortana can be used on Windows 10, Windows Mobile, Invoke Smart Speaker, Microsoft Band, Android, iOS, Windows Mixed Reality (MR), Xbox One and Amazon Alexa. It is also available on popular headsets such as HyperX, CloudX, Razer Kraken 7.1 V2, Logitech G933 and Sennheiser GSP350.
- Google Assistant: Google’s AI-enabled personal assistant app is available on a variety of devices such as smartphones, fridges, headphones, cars and many more devices. Google Assistant functions on natural language processing and supports both voice and text entries, evident through its functionalities that include voice commands, voice searching, voice-activated device control, helping with tasks, finding information online, sending reminders, real-time translations and making appointments. Google Assistant can be installed and configured on Windows, Mac and Linux PCs as it is not that readily available on these.
- Alexa: Alexa is developed by Amazon and this AI based app using voice queries and natural language processing, like Siri and Cortana. Alexa’s capabilities include creating to-do lists, setting up alarms, streaming podcasts, playing audiobooks, providing real-time information on traffic, weather, sports, news etc.
- ELSA Speak: ELSA Speak is an AI-powered app that teaches users how to speak in English. It helps users with instant feedback each time they use the app to pronounce English words through short dialogues. Unlike Siri or Cortana or Google Assistant, ELSA Speak uses speech recognition technology and is available with a trial period of 7 days. After this, users will have to buy ELSA speak. The app is available in iOS and Android.
- Socratic: Socratic is an AI-powered app that has recently been acquired by Google and was initially devised to help students with math and other kinds of homework. The app enables students to take picture using their phone camera and its AI-powered capabilities provide visual explanations to students to make concepts simpler and more interesting to understand. Socratic relies on text and speech recognition and offers support to learn science, math, literature and social studies. It is available on Android and iOS and is compatible with the iPad. It is truly one of the best personal assistant apps that offers great help.
- Fyle: Fyle is an AI-powered app developed for expense management and is available on Android, iOS and desktop. Fyle is very handy in the intelligent expense management domain, and has recently been integrated with the Google G Suite and Microsoft Office 365. Some of the various purposes for which companies use this AI-powered app include real-time data extraction, expense reporting, tracking corporate cards, real-time policy checks, approval workflows, travel advances, travel requests, analytics etc. Integration with G-Suite add-ons have made it a one-click process for users, enabling them to report expenses directly from email receipts.
- Databot: Available on Windows 10, Android and iOS, Databot is an AI-powered app devised to answer questions asked by users in its voice and more importantly, address topics relevant to you. Also available on Xbox One, iPod, iPad, Windows Phones and Android Tablets, Databot provides users with images, information and multimedia presentations based on their topics of interest through certain services integrated within it and with the help of Google Searches, Wikipedia, RSS channels etc. Users can customize Databot as per the language of their choice. Its language capabilities include being able to speak and understand English, Italian, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese. Databot also helps share information through SMS, Social Media and Email.